Author Topic: Loot Crate(and other subscription boxes)  (Read 894 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
Loot Crate(and other subscription boxes)
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
So I caved and finally ordered Loot Crate the other day. For those of you unaware, it's a monthly box sent to you with various geek items like shorts, toys, etc. I've heard mixed things about the quality, it's very hit and miss. There are others out there like Nerd Box, Marvel Collector Corp, etc. Anybody else do this or at least tried it? Thoughts? I think I'm going to just try out several(no more than one a month, cuz money) and see what I want to keep. I'll post in here what I get because I just assume everyone is interested in my stuff.

SeanAF

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 40
    Attack Member
Re: Loot Crate(and other subscription boxes)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
My sister got me a 3 month loot crate subscription for my birthday last year! I thought the quality was great.
The issue I personally had was that they have to try to hit as many types of people as possible which leads to the hit or miss feeling. Like I love video games but I got a video game box full of things I didn't really care about. So the company is great and they put a lot of care into it. I loooved a bunch of stuff I got (kitten skull tshirt, Batman Funko statue colored like the Joker, sharknados and other unnatural disasters survival book etc) but it wasn't enough of each box to keep the subscription.

Something that has really caught my attention is Comic Bento. They send a curated box of graphic novels every month. It's $20 (less the more months you commit to at a time) and you get 4-5 books a month valued together at $60+. I can't really afford it right now but it sounds like a great way to expand your comic horizons and read some stuff you wouldn't have otherwise picked up.

HorrorCowboy

• Attack: 81
    Defense: 45
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
I've watched the quality of lootcrate just fall and fall over the months, as if they try and make it worse. They spend a fortune on stuff you will actually just throw away instantly lootcrate is just a mess in my honest opinion. I prefer nerdblock as you can really narrow down your preferences and Marvel Collector corps as it's bi monthly and everything you get is an exclusive so if you hate it unload it on ebay.
" I have seen shit that'll turn you white! " Winston Zeddmore

SeanAF

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 40
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »
I had never heard of NerdBlock before! Just looked at their site and it looks neat. Definitely nice that you can narrow things down more. Will have to remember to check it out again when my new job starts next month ^_^

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »
So I caved and finally ordered Loot Crate the other day. For those of you unaware, it's a monthly box sent to you with various geek items like shorts, toys, etc. I've heard mixed things about the quality, it's very hit and miss. There are others out there like Nerd Box, Marvel Collector Corp, etc. Anybody else do this or at least tried it? Thoughts? I think I'm going to just try out several(no more than one a month, cuz money) and see what I want to keep. I'll post in here what I get because I just assume everyone is interested in my stuff.

Raeven and I set up a subscription last week. Our first box should be arriving at our doorstep any minute now. Looking forward to opening it up when I get home tonight.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:28:31 AM »
So how is it?????????? I'm anxiously awaiting mine. Since last Thursday it's been tracking to be delivered on Wednesday, but now it says Thursday. LAME. It was in Fort Worth(that's where I live) on Saturday, then in Arlington on Sunday, now it's in Dallas. So at least it is touring the entire area.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 08:09:07 AM »
So how is it?????????? I'm anxiously awaiting mine. Since last Thursday it's been tracking to be delivered on Wednesday, but now it says Thursday. LAME. It was in Fort Worth(that's where I live) on Saturday, then in Arlington on Sunday, now it's in Dallas. So at least it is touring the entire area.

My tracking info got shifted to Thursday, too. I think the storms and holiday messed with shipping a bit!

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
You've had storms too? What part of the country are you in at the moment? It's been crazy this month in Texas, not sure I've ever seen this much rain in my life.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
You've had storms too? What part of the country are you in at the moment? It's been crazy this month in Texas, not sure I've ever seen this much rain in my life.
I'm in Maryland. The shipment got stuck in Missouri.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 03:50:14 PM »
Finally got my Loot Crate. Will put it in spoiler tags in case anyone wants to open their own to find out.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 06:14:07 PM »
We just opened ours. Nothing *great* in it, but I'll wear the T-Shirt. :)

Interestingly, we got a different "Unite" button with Batman/Superman shaking hands on it.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »
I'm both intrigued and repulsed by the concept of random disposal income boxes.

But that shirt is badass.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Doctor Foorums

• Administrator
  • Attack: 3
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
Someone had gifted me a wrestling crate. I'll post when it arrives, but my feeling overall is the same: too hit or miss for me.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »

Interestingly, we got a different "Unite" button with Batman/Superman shaking hands on it.

That's pretty awesome.