Author Topic: Sex Questions Megathread: Freshness Seals are a Myth  (Read 705 times)

ManofManyChars

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 9994
    Defense: 9993
    Attack Member
  • The man, the myth, the legend.
Sex Questions Megathread: Freshness Seals are a Myth
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:44:03 AM »
Welcome to the thread where you can ask all the strange, embarrassing, possibly-shocking questions about sex and sexuality you were always curious about, but afraid to ask! Hopefully I won't be the only person providing information (I only have approx. half the number of sex organs necessary to provide complete firsthand information), but I will always at least try to answer questions when they come up.

Some information about me, regarding my sex knowledge:

-I AM NOT A DOCTOR. Can't stress that enough. If you have a medical question, my immediate answer will be "talk to your doctor". I can inform you about certain bits of anatomy or whatever but medical advice is outside my purview. This goes for anyone else answering questions, if you don't have a medical license, don't play armchair physician. We don't need anyone's wiggly bits falling off because of untrained opinions.

-I am white, male, and straight, not trans, etc. So, while I can pass on information I've picked up from seeing polls or reading about research papers, if you ask me something about women (or other groups I don't belong to), any answer I give should be taken with a grain of secondhand knowledge salt (though in a few cases, some "this information has proven generally correct in practice" pepper may also be called for).

-My particular area of expertise is in BDSM, as a dominant. So, if anyone wants to know some stuff about that, I can tell you mostly anything, though certain BDSM subgroups are outside my experience.

-I'm something of a geek about sex, the way you might be a geek about comics, in that I frequently seek out information and generally collect knowledge related to sex, I am not any sort of professional. So, take all my answers, even those that I'm fully qualified to give, with the same salt you'd take advice given to you by any experienced hobbyist, rather than a professional.

One other thing:

No question is too strange, and no question is to be shamed in this thread, unless the person literally admits to being a pedophile or rapist. All else is to be respected. Consider this a blanket Trigger Warning for any other kind of sex stuff.

So, with that out of the way, ask away!
"Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear."
-Ernest Hemingway

Axioadriel

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
Re: Sex Questions Megathread: Freshness Seals are a Myth
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:33:21 PM »
What is a freshness seal?

ManofManyChars

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 9994
    Defense: 9993
    Attack Member
  • The man, the myth, the legend.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:21:07 PM »
What is a freshness seal?

That's a reference to the still-common misconception that the hymen is a solid membrane that is supposed to tear during sex to, like, indicate that a girl isn't a virgin anymore or some stupid crap like that. This is something I don't even gotta explain on my own!

"Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear."
-Ernest Hemingway

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
Dear god, the day has finally come when people look up to ManOf as an authority on something.   ;)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Marcian Tobay

• Administrator
  • Attack: 31
    Defense: 28
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »
Dear god, the day has finally come when people look up to ManOf as an authority on something.   ;)

Welcome back, love.
Want free video games? Join the giveaway!

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
Welcome back, yourself, hunk.  And what a fine subforum for our tawdry reunion.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."