Author Topic: What are you reading???????????  (Read 624 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
What are you reading???????????
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:13 PM »
Ok, so what are you all reading at the moment? Tell us! Is it good? Terrible? Want suggestions?

MunkiLord

Attack Member
Re: What are you reading???????????
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »
Last week I asked a couple friends for suggestions on comics and I've been working on those.

The first friend suggested Civil War and I picked it up, but I haven't touched it yet.

On Marcian's suggestion I picked up Superior Spider-Man, Bitch Planet, The Wicked and The Divine, She-Hulk, and Saga.

I'm not big into the actual reading of comics, though I've done it from time to time over years. But I LOVED Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 and I have Vol 2 ordered. Halfway through Bitch Planet Vol 1 and I'm really enjoying this as well. It's fascinating and deep. I'm probably missing a lot, but that just means I'll need to read it more than once. I haven't got to the others yet, but I'm very excited as so far this has been badass and may finally get me to be a regular comic reader.

Doctor Foorums

• Administrator
  • Attack: 3
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
Penny Rolle's issue of Bitch Planet is basically the best.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »
I concur. It was fantastic stuff.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure, Kinsey Scale Bingo
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
I'm actually reading a bit, right now, when I can.  I got Randall Munroe's WHAT IF? for St. Nick's, and read it by Christmas, and got Ron Chernow's Hamilton bio for Christmas.  I haven't read a book in a very long time.  I miss it so much.
"Not queer like gay. Queer like, escaping definition. Queer like some sort of fluidity and limitlessness at once. Queer like a freedom too strange to be conquered. Queer like the fearlessness to imagine what love can look like…and pursue it." Brandon Wint