Author Topic: What are you reading???????????  (Read 503 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
What are you reading???????????
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:55:13 PM »
Ok, so what are you all reading at the moment? Tell us! Is it good? Terrible? Want suggestions?

MunkiLord

Attack Member
Re: What are you reading???????????
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:00:04 AM »
Last week I asked a couple friends for suggestions on comics and I've been working on those.

The first friend suggested Civil War and I picked it up, but I haven't touched it yet.

On Marcian's suggestion I picked up Superior Spider-Man, Bitch Planet, The Wicked and The Divine, She-Hulk, and Saga.

I'm not big into the actual reading of comics, though I've done it from time to time over years. But I LOVED Superior Spider-Man Vol 1 and I have Vol 2 ordered. Halfway through Bitch Planet Vol 1 and I'm really enjoying this as well. It's fascinating and deep. I'm probably missing a lot, but that just means I'll need to read it more than once. I haven't got to the others yet, but I'm very excited as so far this has been badass and may finally get me to be a regular comic reader.

Doctor Forums

• Administrator
  • Attack: 3
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:01:16 PM »
Penny Rolle's issue of Bitch Planet is basically the best.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »
I concur. It was fantastic stuff.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
I'm actually reading a bit, right now, when I can.  I got Randall Munroe's WHAT IF? for St. Nick's, and read it by Christmas, and got Ron Chernow's Hamilton bio for Christmas.  I haven't read a book in a very long time.  I miss it so much.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."