Author Topic: Something You've Done  (Read 347 times)

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
Re: Something You've Done
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 08:31:43 PM »
I started class last night.  I'm an adjunct to a local university's Environmental Engineering department.  Eight years of teaching graduate studies.

I have mixed feelings about this thread, because sharing stuff about myself freaks me out for a variety of reasons.  I could talk more in the other place, if folks wanted. 
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Escheresque

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 96
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 08:48:46 PM »
You do you, boo-boo. What matters most is comfort level.

To take the attention off you, I'll put it on myself (where it belongs).  I have pet an octopus. A real live one. Doing it's octopus thing. That's the moment it became my favorite animal.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
Holy shit, that's awesome.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Escheresque

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 96
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:22 AM »
Yea, I really miss my time studying zoology. It led me to so many amazing moments. Like being within touching distance of a (timber, I think) wolf and a cheetah while volunteering at the San Diego Zoo and befriending an otter and some meerkats there too.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 09:38:31 AM »
Okay, that is additionally holy shit awesome.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
Next year I will celebrate 20 years of environmental work in PA.