Author Topic: Introductions. Because why not.  (Read 9813 times)

janus-handed

• Attack: 42
    Defense: 48
    Attack Member
Introductions. Because why not.
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
It sounds like a lot of you guys know each other - but I only know Marcian Tobay (and then only through tumblr) so I thought it would make some sense to introduce myself. Sorry if it seems out of place. I'd love to get to know a little about you guys too.
I'm a junior undergrad student (English and Art History double major, so y'know...I'm goin' places) and I LOVE roleplay but haven't had a ton of experience.
I'll try my best to be consistent and check the boards everyday, which shouldn't be too difficult because, as I said, I love this kinda stuff and it'll be a nice break from the hell that is junior year. (I would also love guidance/hints/advice because I've never done something like this on such a large scale or with so much freedom. I usually rp with one or two other people or with extremely tight rules and schedules.)

I'm a movie buff and an amateur photographer. I like gothic literature and old horror movies (I hate being scared, but I like atmosphere) and I kayak and hike a lot. This could probably go in Hobbies, idk, just wanted to introduce myself.  (My username is Janus-Handed because it fits the character I'm playing - but mostly people call me Lore. I'm good with whatever. Hey newb is also appropriate.)

Come to me. Be my friends. Tell me 'bout yerself.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
Re: Introductions. Because why not.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »
Nice to meet ya!

I met Marcian and most of the folks here back on the City of Heroes forums. I am a game designer by avocation and profession -- I make and play games for a living and for fun. I live in Maryland with my wife and our 1 year old dog (a picture of whom is my Avatar.)

I've been playing RPGs since I discovered D&D in 1981.

janus-handed

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:46:18 PM »
I am super jealous of your job and your dog. :D

dirthamemes

• Attack: 0
    Defense: 9
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »
Heyo!

I don't know anyone either looooool. I only came on here because someone I followed said to join the Ao game and it seemed intriguing (it's a confusing game!!) I'm a junior too! I'm focusing mainly on computer sciences and programming though, and i've been in training for producer type stuff (I can run cameras and soundboards and such). I've been playing RPGs for a few years (I think I started playing D&D in sixth grade, but then again... it was sixth grade so it probably doesn't count.) I really really love history and geography, and a lowkey passion of mine is mapmaking.

I've had a few nicknames but most people online have ended up calling me Zev, so you can too if you'd like.

Also @Fyndhal that is one heck of a career. #Jelly

janus-handed

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:41:57 PM »
I'm super jealous of people who can work with programming or computers in any capacity. Those are skills I would love to learn someday.

Zev, we will be newbs together. *skips through fields of flowers with you*

ManofManyChars

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 9994
    Defense: 9993
    Attack Member
  • The man, the myth, the legend.
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 02:55:42 PM »
I am a moderator. I exist to bring justice to those who have strayed from the righteous path. I know not your weak human concept of mercy. Wherever someone is causing trouble, I am there, bringing the wrath of the law in my wake. But I am not to be feared, for my fury knows but one prey, and no rule-abiding poster shall have any reason to dread my presence.

I am also the metaphorical Prometheus who brought Ao to the people, and once more do I run it, down below the newer, impure version. Unburdened by an abundance of mechanics, it is a game of creative writing and creative betrayal.

Do not ask of what I do outside these boards, for I do not exist outside these boards. I am an avatar of justice, and exist only to enforce the rule of law. And also run a god game I guess.
"Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear."
-Ernest Hemingway

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 02:59:45 PM »
Like Fyndhal I met most of these people on City of Heroes forums. I live in Texas. I'm a total homer when it comes to my rooting interests in sports(Cowboys, Rangers, Mavericks, etc).

Superhero movies/TV shows is what really gets me to geek out, whether animated or live action. Never played a pen and paper RPG, but I find the Ao roleplaying to be incredibly satisfying.

Currently playing Borderlands 2(again), Shadow or Mordor, and Crusader Kings 2.

MunkiLord is an old AOL screenname, not sure how I came up with it/where I took it from.

janus-handed

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:07:21 PM »
Alrighty. Thanks, there, Manofmany...

Thanks for humoring me, guys!

Munkilord, superheroes are my main geek thing as well. And I'm obsessed with Shadow of Mordor but haven't had a chance to play yet. :D

aforaffort

• Attack: 15
    Defense: 26
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
Greetings. I am a chaotic/neutral-good creature who arranges and delivers fruit baskets to people because... because capitalism, I suppose. My goal has always been to become a teacher, but disabilities made me take the long way 'round. I'll get there eventually.

I'm also a friend of Marcian's. I have no idea what else to say about myself, but I will happily answer any questions. I find it easier to talk one-on-one until I know people better, so forgive me should I mostly lurk quietly in the beginning. It's good to meet you all.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:07 PM »
I'm also a friend of Marcian's.

LIES! Marcian has no friends!

*listens as his lawyer whispers in his ear*

I...uh, may have miss spoken. Uh...

*listens to his lawyer once again*

Welcome. Yes...that's it. Welcome to the madness!

Marcian Tobay

• Administrator
  • Attack: 31
    Defense: 28
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »
Right, so...

I'm Marcian. I co-run these forums with Doctor Forums and ManOfManyChars. I've worked in the video game industry in a variety of roles for about 7 years now.

I love video games and social activities. Terrible at puzzles. Ridiculous Social Justice Warrior type. Very handsome.

And dashing.

I mean, damn.
Want free video games? Join the giveaway!

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 12:34:44 AM »
That is all true.  Except maybe the puzzle thing.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

Doctor Foorums

• Administrator
  • Attack: 3
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 11:14:03 PM »
I made a forums.

Steampunkette

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 174
    Defense: 172
    Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
Well! My name is Rachel. As one might guess I enjoy Steampunk stuff, in general. More specifically I enjoy the storytelling behind the genre which presses human ingenuity against nature, mankind, or magic/reality. Not just hats with bits of a clock's inner workings glued onto them.

I currently live in Arizona where I'm working with a game design start up company trying to secure funding and begin production on two different games. One tabletop, one PC. I know Marcian, Fyndhal, Dumps, Munki and Manofmanychars through City of Heroes and the Paragon Unleashed forums.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »
Steamie is pretty awesome.  I missed many of you.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.  If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened.  But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."