Author Topic: What upcoming games are you looking forward to?  (Read 574 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
« on: February 15, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
For me GTA5 for PC is on that list. Though the massive delay bringing it to PC means I'm not going to pay full price for an old game.

That's ok, because Pillars of Eternity is looking badass.

Just a few minutes ago I found out about Sword Coast Legends and that looks intriguing.

What other upcoming games look appealing?

ManofManyChars

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 9994
    Defense: 9993
    Attack Member
  • The man, the myth, the legend.
Re: What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:10:09 AM »
I've heard nothing but great things about GTA5, particularly the character of Trevor, whose character arc is actually some pretty deep social commentary.

Anyway, on the topic at hand, well, obviously, none of these games have any guarantee to be good, but here they are:

-Total War: Attila has a strong pedigree, but after Rome II it may be a gamble.

-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse looks to be a strong contender.

-Codename: STEAM is hitting the 3DS soon, it's basically Valkyria Chronicles but by the people that made Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. More strong pedigree.

-If you like Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons is upcoming for the 3DS. It's the same franchise, it's just lost its global "Harvest Moon" moniker.

-Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee is getting a remake from scratch as "New 'n Tasty".

-Mighty Number Nine finally hits in April, and when has Inafune ever steered us wrong?

-Splatoon looks great, gonna say.

-Batman: Arkham Knight will probably at least be better than Arkham Origins.

-I played a tech demo version of Superhot, that's one to watch.

-Shadowrun: Hong Kong might be good, if you like Shadowrun.

-Broken Age will soon be finished, if you haven't already gotten into it.

-Fable Legends is looking ambitious, but Molyneux's stuff always looks ambitious, let's hope that ambition really shines through this time because holy shit that premise is amazing. Think "Left 4 Dead" as an RPG.

-Mario Maker is in the wings, and that's probably gonna be a lot of fun.

-MGSV is upcoming, but it probably won't top the unadulterated awesome of Revengeance.

-If you like moody teenagers summoning demons, Persona 5 is on the way, too.

-The recent wildly successful reinvention of Tomb Raider has a sequel this year, keep an eye out.

-Star Fox hits the Wii U this year, too, barring delays.

-We'll soon be getting a new Star Wars: Battlefront, and if it's anything like its predecessors, it'll be pretty good.

-New Zelda this year, too. Obviously that'll be good.

-Normally I wouldn't point out rereleases, but Ultra Street Fighter IV brings in Rolento, and Rolento's theme owns.

-If you've been keeping up with Xenoblades, Xenoblade Chronicles X is on the way.

Those are the games I can definitely say have a better-than-even chance of being good, or at least interesting (and really, "interesting" is often preferable to "good"), this year.
"Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear."
-Ernest Hemingway

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:34:17 AM »
I'm going to look into Codename: STEAM since I just bought a 3DS a couple hours ago. So in addition to upcoming games, I'm all of a sudden looking for 3DS games. Already have Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I will be picking up various Mario and Zelda titles over the next few weeks/months.

Arkham Knight is actually number one on my list, not sure why I forgot to mention that one.

ManofManyChars

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 9994
    Defense: 9993
    Attack Member
  • The man, the myth, the legend.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 01:41:29 AM »
I'm going to look into Codename: STEAM since I just bought a 3DS a couple hours ago. So in addition to upcoming games, I'm all of a sudden looking for 3DS games. Already have Fire Emblem: Awakening, and I will be picking up various Mario and Zelda titles over the next few weeks/months.

Arkham Knight is actually number one on my list, not sure why I forgot to mention that one.

Project X Zone, Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney are must-haves. If you like Pokemon and Animal Crossing, obviously get those, and then there's Smash Bros. I'm not a fan, personally, but if you like Wizardry-style games, Etrian Odyssey has a couple installments. Oh, and Kirby Triple Deluxe, of course.
"Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years, rockin' my peers and puttin' suckas in fear."
-Ernest Hemingway