Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 1278 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
What are you playing?
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:03:27 AM »
Because it is important to know. Sharing is caring.

Been playing GTA5 for PC since it came out. Will be going back to Pillars of Eternity soon to finish it. But all the rumors of Fallout 4 being announced at E3 gave me the itch again. So I'm installing a few thousand mods and I guess I'm gonna play New Vegas one more time.

What about you?

Doctor Foorums

• Administrator
  • Attack: 3
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 08:32:54 PM »
I hope the Fallout 4 thing is true!

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 10:43:07 PM »
Me too. I can't think of any other game Bethesda could possibly announce that would override the intense disappointment I would feel if Fallout 4 is not announced. Elder Scrolls 6 would leave me highly disappointed. I would get over it(kinda) and buy Elder Scrolls 6, but it would make me sad. Fallout 4 or go home!

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:49:48 PM »
Because it is important to know. Sharing is caring.

Been playing GTA5 for PC since it came out. Will be going back to Pillars of Eternity soon to finish it. But all the rumors of Fallout 4 being announced at E3 gave me the itch again. So I'm installing a few thousand mods and I guess I'm gonna play New Vegas one more time.

What about you?

Well I never went back to Pillars of Eternity. Didn't finish GTA5 either. And Fallout 4 was disappointing.

Just started Steallaris for the first time today. We'll see how that goes.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 02:52:41 PM »
And Fallout 4 was disappointing.

You aren't just whistling dixie. I was so pissed off at that game.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »
I didn't finish that one either and I don't think I ever will. My first real Fallout experience was New Vegas, and Obsidian just knocked it out of the park for me. Would be super cool for them to do another Fallout, though I understand they are busy with their own games.

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »
I didn't finish that one either and I don't think I ever will. My first real Fallout experience was New Vegas, and Obsidian just knocked it out of the park for me. Would be super cool for them to do another Fallout, though I understand they are busy with their own games.

They also hold a bit of animosity towards Bethesda over the whole Metacritic/Bonus thing. I doubt they will work together again unless Obsidian gets much more favorable terms.

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
I didn't know that. I would think that puts it at about a zero percent chance in that case. They are working with Paradox now, and I hear nothing but great things about them.

Marcian Tobay

• Administrator
  • Attack: 31
    Defense: 28
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »

They also hold a bit of animosity towards Bethesda over the whole Metacritic/Bonus thing. I doubt they will work together again unless Obsidian gets much more favorable terms.

Wait, what metacritic/bonus thing?
Want free video games? Join the giveaway!

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »

Wait, what metacritic/bonus thing?

A large part of their royalties were based on them scoring at least 85% on Metacritic. They got 83%, in part due to some spectacularly unfair reviews. Bethesda said, "Fuck you, it counts." and didn't pay the higher rate. This lead to something like 1/4 of Obsidian being laid off.

Marcian Tobay

• Administrator
  • Attack: 31
    Defense: 28
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 04:10:06 PM »
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiit that is unfair. Thank you for telling me!
Want free video games? Join the giveaway!