Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 2178 times)

MunkiLord

• Attack: 40
    Defense: 44
    Attack Member
What are you watching?
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
Once again, sharing is caring. What shows are you watching? Binge watching anything? Movies? TV? Plays? WHAT?

Currently I'm making my way through Rick and Morty season 1 again and I'm also slowly watching the Venture Bros from the beginning. A ton of Adult Swim just got added to Hulu Plus. Recently finished House of Cards Season 1, so I'll be starting Season 2 soon enough.

Starflier

• Attack: 77
    Defense: 66
    Attack Member
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
Well, as this season of traditional tv comes to an end, I find myself eagerly awaiting season 5 of Person of Interest, aka, the best show on regular television.

Game of Thrones and Penny Dreadful are what I have to look forward to watching for the next couple months in addition to other finales still to come. I am stoked for the next season of Hannibal, whenever the hell it shows up, and I'm hopeful that season 2 of the Strain is better than the first season.

I love action and destruction, so Mad Max: Fury Road, and San Andreas are in my immediate movie-watching future.
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. - Homer Simpson

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:11:54 PM »
I'm now rewatching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I love The Wasp in this show. And Hulk. They're awesome.

Starflier

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »
I've been trying to find a new sci-fi series to watch that is a)available on Canadian Netflix, b)good, and c)long enough to make it worth my time. My attempt at watching Alphas and Fringe both failed, but I flew through Farscape and Chuck and some other shows I can't remember off the top of my head.
Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Laurence J. Peter

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:00:12 AM »
Is Black Mirror available in Canada? I keep hearing great things about that show.

Steampunkette

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 174
    Defense: 172
    Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 04:19:24 PM »
Lost Girl is pretty rocking, but it's more paranormal than sci-fi. Kinda Grimm-like.

Starflier

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 04:51:17 PM »
All caught up on Lost Girl with its stupid two part final season.  Started watching Longmire on Netflix last night.  Not scifi, at all, but ver good through the first few episodes.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 106
    Defense: 112
    Attack Member
  • Turing Test Failure, Kinsey Scale Bingo
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:16:59 AM »
On Netflix, Danger 5.

This show is nuts.
"Not queer like gay. Queer like, escaping definition. Queer like some sort of fluidity and limitlessness at once. Queer like a freedom too strange to be conquered. Queer like the fearlessness to imagine what love can look like…and pursue it." Brandon Wint

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 01:25:57 PM »
On Netflix, Danger 5.

This show is nuts.

Haven't heard of it. Tell us about it!

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
I don't think I can tell you about it.  I think...you can only just...experience it.

Spoilers, I guess.

And more spoilers:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:10:30 PM by dumps »
"Not queer like gay. Queer like, escaping definition. Queer like some sort of fluidity and limitlessness at once. Queer like a freedom too strange to be conquered. Queer like the fearlessness to imagine what love can look like…and pursue it." Brandon Wint

Fyndhal

• SUPER BANNED
  • Veteran Poster
  • Attack: 158
    Defense: 139
    Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »
I...what?

* Fyndhal smacks himself in the forehead

Ah, that's better. That looks amazing...

MunkiLord

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »
I'm not sure what I just watched, I just know I need more of it. That's looks badass.

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »
It's just kind of...unbelievable.

While I prefer season one leaps and bounds over season two, season two has the incredible "Johnny Hitler" episode in it.  Jesus christ.

SeanAF

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 40
    Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 10:53:04 AM »
I'm doing a huge Buffy / Angel rewatch right now. I've never watch them concurrently how they aired so it's been neat. Just started Buffy season 5 and Angel season 2. The only episodes I ever saw of Angel and of preseason 5 Buffy were reruns so I actually missed a bunch of episodes here and there so it's been neat.

Netflix is knocking it out of the park with their original series. Binge watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when it came out and just watched all of Frankie and Grace the end of last week. Both were great.
Been slowly chugging through Daredevil. It's good but a little dark for me right now.

Aside from that Once Upon a Time, Gotham, The Flash just ended and I really liked How To Get Away With Murder.
I'm actually two episodes behind on The Flash so idk what happens yet. But I'm really excited about that show it's the first superhero show I've really enjoyed. I never really liked Barry Allen before but this show is just so much more wonderful than I was expecting. Looking very much forward to Legends of Tomorrow after I saw the trailer!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:55:01 AM by SeanAF »

dumps

• Veteran Poster
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
Buffy/Angel shows forever.